Please read this important information before you attend your appointment.
If you have attended our clinics before you will notice some changes in the process both before and during each session, to help ensure both yours and my safety.
Before you leave your home
Please check your temperature, and consider if you are experiencing any Covid-19 symptoms. If yes to any of those questions, please postpone or cancel your appointment.
Before attending we have completed a number of measures to minimise the amount of close contact and time spent indoors.
• If you are a first-time client, your pre-session consultation took place via the phone or video-conferencing and online completion of the documentation – rather than face to face.
• If you are an existing client there will be a short update call – to see how you have been and whether you have any COVID-19 issues.
• You will be asked to complete a short declaration of your risk of exposure to the corona-virus 24 hours prior to attending every appointment.
• As we will not be taking cash payments if you are a self-pay client you will also receive an invoice prior to your appointment. You may pay in advance using the details on the invoice, or by contactless card payment in the clinic.
• If you are attending the clinic in Old Colwyn please use the toilet before leaving home – our toilet does not have a sink for hand-washing.
• Please avoid arriving on public transport where possible.
When you arrive
• Please arrive close to your appointment time as possible. This is to avoid clinic users overlapping. The front door will be locked while the clinic is being cleaned between appointments, and you will not be able to enter until we are satisfied that it is safe to do so.
• We would like you to arrive wearing a face covering, it can be anything you find comfortable to cover your nose and mouth. We do not expect you to purchase hospital grade PPE.
• If you do not have one, we can provide you with one and will ask for a donation of £1.00 to our chosen charity Lupus UK.
• Please avoid bringing anything other than yourself into the building. We ask you to leave coats and bags by the front door.
• On arrival your forehead temperature will be recorded. If it is greater than 37.8⁰C you will be advised to return home, self-isolate and request a free COVID 19 test via the Welsh Government website.
• When you arrive, you will be required to sanitise your hands and walk into the practice room without touching anything. Pump pots of 70% alcohol rub will be available in various points in the clinic.
• Please wear easy to remove clothes. This will help if a detailed assessment or hands on treatment is required. You will be given a container in which to put them when you undress. Please avoid wearing jewellery as this makes the process simpler.
• Your therapist will be wearing PPE – face mask, disposable apron and gloves. This is to protect you.
What we are doing to minimise the transmission of the virus
• The couch will have been thoroughly disinfected.
• The linens are all clean, single client use and washed at 60⁰.
• The therapist will be using personal protective equipment – until the requirement relaxes.
• We are asking you to avoid using our toilet. However, we will not stop you if the need arises.
• There will be an approximate 30-minute gap between clients, to enable disinfection of the practice space and equipment used.